Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pretty Dress of the Day Challenge - Pretty Patterns

Pretty Dress of the Day Challenge - Pretty Patterns

Okay, I just received these in the mail today and am very excited!  I love the 1950's suit with the "Bustle" back!  Oh yes!  I said "Bustle"!! I am thinking to make this suit in a Black Linen with a White Linen Collar.  I think it would be great to wear to work or for an interview!  Hats, veils, and gloves optional of course.

This was the second pattern.  How cool - a one piece wrap around pattern!  Perfect for a 1950's event.  I was able to pick both of these up for $6 total!  Will keep you posted on the future progress.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I've got one vintage Butterick 6759 that has a similar peplum in the back. Haven't made it yet but I thought the same thing: bustle in back!
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Business in the front, party in the Back! Bustle party that is! Everyday I'm Bustlin'!!

    ReplyDelete